Friday, June 22, 2012

Ice cream cone rainbow cupcakes

Rian really wanted Rainbow colored cup cake cones to take for her end of year school party.
These were quite the ordeal.  I had to make them twice. Ugh! I thought I was being all cool making them ahead of time the night before. Not thinking, I put them in the fridge to frost early in the morning.  Reminder to all, cones do not fare well in the fridge over night.  So I sent her to school with the mini cupcakes and ran to the store to by more stuff to make some more before the party started.  I went to the store as fast as I could and got home, only to find out I forgot to buy the cones.  Aghh!  There was way to many things going on.  I finally got all the ingredients and got to school in time for the party.  phew!

Here is how they turned out~












 









Have a great day!

Amber

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    All I did was take a white cake mix and mixed it together according to the box. Then I split the batter into six different bowls as equally as I could. Then I colored the batter in rainbow colors with food coloring. I then took a piece of foil and put it over and deep pan like 9x12 cake pan cupcake pan or even a broil pan and make small holes in the foil and then gently push the cone through. So they can stand up with out falling over while you cook. Then with a spoon, I spooned in each color of the rainbow. Be carful to only fill the cone 1/2 to 2/3 because it will over flow and come out all over the cone. Then bake like a cupcake on the cake box directions. Frost to your liking. Warning do no put them in the fridge they will get soggy! :)

    ReplyDelete